I have been on a quest to find a green smoothie which is palatable to my kids, but which also makes me feel like they are getting a few extra greens in their system. Finally, I seem to have cracked it! It has enough greens to make me feel happy, and not enough to make them think they can taste it. The colour, well, I suppose that is how you sell it. Given Halloween is just around the corner, it just might be swamp mix!
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Banana
- 1/3 cup Pineapple, frozen
- 1/3 cup Mango, fresh or frozen
- 1 Kiwi Fruit, peeled
- 1 handful of Baby Kale (this is much more tender and softer in flavour. If you cannot find this then I would suggest removing the stalk of regular kale or maybe replacing with spinach or chard)
- 1/4 tsp Spirulina Powder (you can try increasing this gradually)
- 1/2 tsp ground Ginger, or freshly grated
- 1 tsp ground Flaxseed (Optional)
Place all the ingredients into your blender and blend until completely smooth. If you want a thicker smoothie you can always add a few ice cubes, or replace some of the fresh fruit with frozen.
I would serve this one immediately, you could keep this in an airtight container but the more air it is exposed to, the more it will start to oxidise and change colour. As such I would suggest consuming this on the same day it is made.